Effective advocacy involves more than lobbying. Certainly, we maintain excellent relationships with individuals, agencies, and organizations that influence legislation but convincing legislators of one thing or another is only a small part of the process.
Literally, hundreds of bills are introduced each year that affect not only professional insurance agents, but other small businesses and consumers as well. Keeping track of all these bills, along with other regulatory changes, would be nearly impossible for a busy professional. That’s where we can help! PIA’s advocacy efforts begin with monitoring regulatory and legislative channels and following state and federal bills as they move thru the process.
Our advocacy goals are simply to:
- Keep you informed of key legislative and regulatory issues as they arise
- Educate policy makers on insurance and business related issues, and the overall impact legislation has on our industry and our state
- Assist Professional Insurance Agents in shaping the future of Kentucky’s agency network
- Give a voice to agents who might not otherwise be heard
- Assist in the development of good public policy
- Ensure government accountability
- Protect the success of the agency systems in Kentucky and the benefits Professional Insurance Agents bring to consumers.
We may not all share the same political views, but we do share a common cause – strengthening the American Agency System and providing the superior products and services that can only be received from Professional Insurance Agents.