Certified Insurance Counselor
NEW: Complete any CIC course in only 16 hours. Achieve your professional goals, complete updates faster, and earn your designation in less time.
Sharpen your edge and stand out from the crowd. Certified Insurance Counselors (CIC) are recognized for their expertise and commitment to the industry.
In a competitive marketplace, you need to deliver value through exceptional product knowledge and trusted advice. Earning your CIC sets you apart as someone who can maximize coverage in innovative ways for customers. For you, that can translate to additional career opportunities and greater earning potential. According to the Producer Profile publication, commercial lines producers with the CIC designation earn 30% more than those without the designation.
Developed in partnership with The National Alliance for Insurance Education & Research, PIA of Kentucky's designation programs are recognized as the best source for continuing education credits, designation opportunities and concrete knowledge for insurance professionals of every experience level. National acknowledgement and a reputation for commitment and quality give you the edge over the competition—these are the biggest CIC benefits!
Customize your education and choose five of the following seven options to earn your CIC designation:
- Personal Lines
- Commercial Casualty
- Commercial Property
- Life & Health
- Agency Management
- Commercial Multiline
- Insurance Company Operations
Your edge over the competition is the biggest CIC benefit. Plus,
- Current, practical course content, applicable to your everyday work.
- The coveted Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC) designation signifies a higher professional level of experience and competence.
- Curriculum tailored to your particular region.
- National recognition within the industry for the program and designation, for your knowledge, and professionalism.
- The program meets most states' annual CE requirements.
- Ample choices - more than 300 institutes held nationally each year.
- The fee includes a comprehensive notebook for future reference.
- You can substitute any CRM or CPRM course for any one CIC institute to earn the CIC designation.
Visit our event calendar to browse our CIC Institutes schedule, and get started!