Ah, spring has sprung! And now it’s time to see how rough winter was on your home. Once snow, ice, wind and freezing temperatures disappear, it’s a good time to check how your home withstood the season.
- Have your roof inspected.
- Fix any ceiling stains.
- Inspect windows and doors.
- Consider resealing your driveway.
- Seal your deck every few years.
- Check your fence(s).
- Clean gutters and downspouts.
- Check for ice dams.
- Apply caulk to leak-prone areas.
- Inspect outside faucets and hoses.
It’s also a good time for you to connect with your homeowners insurance agent to make sure you have the coverage you need for spring weather, wildfires and other sources of potential damage. For many people, their home is their biggest asset, so examining your current home insurance coverage is important as the severe spring weather season approaches.