KY Continuing Education Law
- The law requires CE for individuals licensed in the major lines of authority.
- The 24 hour CE requirement is per licensed individual, regardless of the number of licenses held.
- Twenty-four (24) hours of approved continuing education must be completed during each biennium. At least six (6) hours must be directly related to any line of authority for which the individual is licensed. At least three (3) hours must be ethics each biennium.
- A licensed individual may receive credit hours for attending the same course only once during any reporting period (biennium).
- You must attend a course in its entirety, no partial credit is given.
- A certificate of completion will be issued to each licensed individual who attends an approved course. The licensed individual does not need to report attendance. The course provider is responsible for notifying the State of the CE classes attended.
- CE does not apply to licensed individuals exclusively holding a non-resident license who have met the requirements in their home state or a limited line insurance license in surety, travel, limited line credit or crop insurance.